Program Manager, Global Tech Incubator, NJ/NY
L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is looking for a new Program Manager located between the New York and New Jersey offices.
WHO WE ARE:
L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is a global team tasked with identifying, developing, and launching innovations in the areas of digital technology, personalization and customization, connected devices, and artificial intelligence. Operating as a startup within L’Oréal’s Research and Innovation division, the Tech Incubator drives disruptive change across the Group, developing new products and services for all of L’Oréal’s brands.
The team includes hardware engineers, user experience designers, data scientists, brand marketers, and project managers. Projects are developed through ongoing partnerships with entrepreneurs, academic institutions, design agencies, research organizations, and engineering firms.
Among technologies created and launched by the team are La Roche Posay’s wearable My UV Patch, Lancôme’s personalized foundation Le Teint Particulier, and L’Oréal Paris’ augmented reality app, Makeup Genius.
WHAT WE'LL DO TOGETHER:
As the Program Manager, you will own a portfolio of key initiatives within the Tech Incubator’s range of innovation projects. With projects spanning technical, digital, formulation, and consumer experience work-streams, you'll be responsible for a diverse range of development efforts while coordinating between the internal teams and external vendors executing against them.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Manage cosmetic product formulation, hardware design, software development, cloud integration, and user experience for complex, startup-style projects
- Oversee relationships with external engineering, coding, and design firms; manage relationships with internal business stakeholders
- Create the strategy and executable vision for interdisciplinary, organization-changing innovation projects
- Help concept new innovations, be aware of trends in both the cosmetics and tech industries to contribute new ideas
- Execute project pilots and bring products to market
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
A diverse set of backgrounds and educations will be considered, with the ideal candidate having:
- Knowledge of product design and development (digital, hardware, or consumer goods products)
- Experience managing complex projects and teams
- Comfort interacting with technical concepts: application development, IT and cloud systems, manufacturing
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work effectively in unstructured environments
- BS Degree in science, engineering, or design, Master’s degree a Plus.
- 5+ years’ experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.