Technical Project Lead/Systems Engineering, San Francisco, CA
WHO WE ARE:
Designed as a startup within the Research & Innovation division in 2012, L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator is a global team that includes physicists, engineers, UX/hardware designers, and data scientists who collaborate with entrepreneurs, academic institutions and experts across disciplines. The team focuses on innovation, development, and advancement of hardware and software in the areas of personalization, augmented reality, wearables and machine learning. Our mission is to create an emotional connection for our consumers and bring them a new level of beauty through disruptive technology. Since 2012 the Incubator has launched My UV Patch, Custom D.O.S.E., Makeup Genius and Le Teint Particulier.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
A Project Lead with technical development and user experience design skills – with a strong background in systems engineering or electrical engineering and experience in product launches.
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER:
As a Technical Project Lead, you will develop an exciting L’Oréal Technology Incubator innovation project to create a new business unit for L’Oréal. The project will involve the creation of a new product formulation in an innovative format, targeted hardware and infrastructure developments, a custom digital application supported by an integrated cloud ecosystem, and a new retail model to be incorporated into L’Oréal’s operational and consumer environment. You will execute against all of the hardware, formula, digital and engineering requirements of the project.
WHAT YOUR DAY WILL LOOK LIKE:
- Manage technical development of product formulation, hardware, software and IT ecosystem for a complex, startup-style project.
- Support development of hardware prototypes through creation of technical specifications, oversight of engineering designs, and execution of testing and debugging phases.
- Oversee relationships with external engineering and coding firms.
- Support product demonstrations, status presentations and working sessions with all project teams: labs, packaging, evaluation, operations and marketing.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Systems Engineering
- 3-5 years product launch experience
- Experience managing technically complex Product Development projects in partnership with cross- functional teams (i.e. Marketing, engineering design firms, vendors, manufacturing, etc.)
- Exceptional communication, networking and presentation skills
WE WANT YOU!
If you have managed complex project environments, interacted with diverse project teams, understand connectivity and IT systems and you’re experienced in communicating product specifications/requirements, defining manufacturable specs to internal and external partners while removing obstacles to drive project execution and to bring products to market---The Tech Incubator wants you!
Tell us about product development and launches you’ve led! We want to know about your passion and vision in industrial design and evolution, and hear examples of your entrepreneurial yet team-focused attitude!
Check out our latest projects revealed at SXSW and CES:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.